I am a graduate student at Doshisha University, originally from Stockholm, Sweden. I’ve been to Japan several times and moved here 2014 to take a two years MBA degree. The reason I chose Japan and Doshisha University is very simple, I love the Kansai area of Japan. I have a bachelor degree in International Business from Södertörn University and I’ve also been studying the Japanese language. Before coming to Japan I worked in IKEA of Sweden.
I am a curious, emphatic and strong-minded person. I’ve been told I have:
- Ability to Excel in a Multi-Cultural Environment
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Personal and Professional Integrity
I’ve been told to be calm and have a cool temper. I also believe myself to be thoughtful and analytical. I like to cultivate myself with education, sports and meeting new people.
Looking towards the future
After my MBA degree, I want to find a meaningful job and would like to improve the Sweden-Japan business relations. My dream is to be able to use the unique knowledge I’ve gained to make the world better place to live in.
What I’m doing now
- Recently graduated Global MBA at the Global Business and Management Studies Program at Doshisha University.
- Blogging about my experiences in Japan.
What I have done
Employments, 11 years
- (2016) Commercial and Investment Office at Embassy of Sweden in Tokyo – Trainee
- (2015) Gaijinpot – Contributing Writer
- (2015) Doshisha University – Graduate Teaching Assistant
- (2014-2016) IKEA Kobe – Retail Salesperson
- (2012-2014) IKEA Barkarby – CR Specialist/Retail Salesperson
- (2007-2012) Keolis Sverige – CR Specialist
- (2005-2007) Various part-time jobs
Awards (See link!)
- (2014) Doshisha University Reduced-tuition Scholarship
- (2014) Doshisha University Graduate School Scholarship Award
- (2014) JASSO scholarship for graduate students
- (2014) Scholarship for studies in Japan – Sweden Japan Foundation
- (2013) Price for best financial essay in Sweden- Finansförbundet
- (2014-2016) Global MBA (Global Business and Management Studies), Doshisha Business School
- (2009-2012) BSc in Business and Economics, International Business Management, Södertörns Högskola University
- (2009-2010) Japanese Language studies, Stockholm University
- (2015) Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2
- (2013) TOEFL iBT- Test of English as a Foreign Language. Internet Based Test – 105
- (2012) Club instructor-education, Swedish Budo & Martial Arts Federation
- (2010) Group instructor-education, Swedish Budo & Martial Arts Federation
I’ve been an instructor for an Aikido club for many years. I like following the financial market and investing in stocks.
- Japan. I know the Japanese language and business culture
- Customer relations. During my professional experience, I’ve worked with maintaining and improving relations with customers
- Awards. Due to my unwavering will, I’ve won several awards, including best financial thesis in Sweden (2012)
Hobbies (See Link!)
My hobbies include Running, Cycling, Outdoor Trekking and gathering Goshuin.
- Swedish – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- Japanese – Business Proficiency
- German – Beginner